- Clearly define your business idea and be able to succinctly articulate it. Know your mission.
- Examine your motives. Make sure that you have a passion for owning a business and for this particular business
- Be willing to commit to the hours, discipline, continuous learning and the frustrations of owning your own business.
- Conduct a competitive analysis in your market, including products, prices, promotions, advertising, distribution, quality, service, and be aware of the outside influences that affect your business.
- Seek help from other small businesses, vendors, professionals, government agencies, employees, trade associations and trade shows. Be alert, ask questions, and visit your local SCORE office.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Karmen A. Booker is an Attorney, Business Consultant and Chief Consultant for Compu-Perfect Professional Services, a business consulting firm specializing in business incorporation, establishing limited liability companies, contract drafting & reviewing, and more. CALL ATTORNEY BOOKER at (301) 408-1082. View her website at www.compuperfect.net
She is also the author of “Business Tips” Report where you will discover tips that will put you on the Road to Business Success, Tips for creating and implementing a marketing plan, and more. This report and other books she has authored are available for online purchase at www.kbooker.wordpress.com by clicking on the respective report and book covers on the right sidebar of the blog site.