Establishing a strong brand is important to business success and a trademark can become one of your company’s most valuable assets.
If your company, however, has not taken the steps to ensure that its name and any other trademarks are available for use, it may be forced to stop using a mark or worse yet, change its name. This could be devastating to business, especially after much time and equity has been put into building a brand.
Additionally, once it is determined that these names and/or marks are available, protecting the brand is of equal importance. Many small businesses overlook these important steps in creating and securing their brand.
Your brand is your identity and an important part of your marketing strategy. Having a federally registered trademark increases your credibility in your market, and enables you to prevent others from using your mark or a mark similar to yours in a manner that could harm your business.
Some Benefits of Trademark Registration are:
• Federally registered trademarks are protected throughout the United States rather than in one state.
• Federal registration provides evidence that you own your trademark. If you ever sue someone for trademark infringement, this fact will save you a great deal of time and legal fees.
• As an owner of a federally registered trademark, you are entitled to “treble damages”, which means you can recover three times your actual damages from the trademark infringer.
• You may also be able to recover any profits that the defendant earned while infringing your trademark, as well as any attorneys fees you incur during litigation.
The process of trademark and design registration doesn’t need to be expensive or confusing. Attorney Karmen A. Booker of Compu-Perfect Professional Services can complete the registration application on your behalf. I am offering a $50 Discount. CALL Attorney Booker at (301) 408-1082.
Attorney Booker has been providing the following services for 20 years:
• Business formation (Corporations, Limited Liability Companies (LLC’s) and Nonprofit Organizations)
• Contract Drafting and Reviewing
• Trademark Search and Registration
• Completion of the 501(c)(3) application for nonprofit organizations
• Grant Research and Writing
• Estate Planning
(Please view my website at http://www.compuperfect.net/ and www.kbooker.wordpress.com).
Call me at (301) 408-1082 or email me at email@example.com so that I can help you “Move on the Road to Greater Business Success”.